Are you the snack ruler in the house? Like, everyone constantly asks you for a snack even though they’re literally snacking?! Well, in our house, I’m not the snack ruler! hahaha. JD definitely is. Kids wake up at 5/5:30/6 and JD gets them all started with bars, cereal, soymilk, applesauce, you name it! Then they eat brunch at 9/10 and then lunch at 12 then so on and so forth. Are we feeding these kids empty calories? Oh, heck no. Kids just eat.all.day. Since we’ve learned that our girls can have almonds, walnuts, and pecans, we’ve gone a little cray cray for items containing these new allergy-friendly treats!* Here’s a list of our kiddos go-to’s for allllll day snacking. (YES, we do lots of whole foods, fruits and veggies, too, just in case you thought we were just inserting processed foods in them all day… hahah)
Their list of allergies: eggs, dairy, peanuts, tree nuts (can have almonds, pecans, walnuts, and coconut)
All snacks listed below are at least Vegan 🙂
- Orgain O-Bars: Chocolate Brownie and Chocolate Chip
- Made Good: Chocolate Chip Bars and Chocolate Chip Granola Bites
- Barney Almond Butter (Peanut free facility): Creamy
- Nature’s Bakery Fig Bars: Blueberry, Raspberry, and Original Fig
- Belvita Sandwich Crackers: Chocolate and Vanilla Creme
- Enjoy Life (GF, V, free from top 14): Cocoa Loco Bars and Chocolate Chips
Hmm.. I just realized they really love chocolatey snacks!!! lol
Do you have a snack your kids really like? Please share! We’re always on the lookout for more allergy-friendly snacks!
*Please evaluate what your allergist has deemed safe for you. We are comfortable with made in the same facility, but not may contain statements on ingredients lists. Please consult a doctor as this list is what we have been able to find that works for our family!